I guess the first thing to tell you all is our story. How we met and what we are doing now. Most of you know that Damian is from Poland but some don't know how and why he came to Utah. So here it is.
I had just moved back home from school in Provo and decided to work at Lagoon for another summer. It would be my 5th season there and I was working as a supervisor in Pioneer Village. This was the first year we were sponsoring students from other countries to come and work for us. Lagoon needed some supervisors to stay at the dorms as their representatives and I volunteered and moved up to the campus.
Damian and his brother Adrian signed up to come to the United States for the summer but were late turning in their papers. The only spots left were in Utah, so that is why they came here. His brother got a position in foods and he in rides. Damian was trained on the rides in the north end of the park.
It was not until the middle of June that we met. He was sitting in the commons area at the dorms and I was visiting one of the other supervisors in that building. We started to talk and ended up talking almost all night long. The next night was the same we talked and talked like we had known each other forever. We started hanging out on our days off and spare time. I took him and some of his friend to the Great Salt Lake and to to Pineview to go jet skiing. We went rock climbing with my brother and went dancing at the club. It was fun getting to know him and the other students from Poland.
At the end of August his contract with Lagoon was finished. He now had 2 months to travel before he had to go back to Poland and school. He and his friends decided to go to Chicago for the rest of their time in the U.S. We exchanged numbers and he left. I was so sad when he left, feeling that we would never see each other again. After 3 days he called, It was a very long bus ride, and we talked every night. He told me that while on the bus he kept thinking about me and he realized then that he had feeling for me. So what do we do now? I knew I loved him and he knew he loved me, but he was scheduled to go home in less then 2 months. Then one night while talking on the phone we decided to get married. I was so happy! He will be flying back to Utah on the first of October and we would be married on October 27, 2001.
We have been married just over 6 years and have a house in Clearfield. We have been blessed with two beautiful girls. Areya Mae born September 23, 2003 and Aniela born April 7, 2007. They are the joy of our lives.
I had just moved back home from school in Provo and decided to work at Lagoon for another summer. It would be my 5th season there and I was working as a supervisor in Pioneer Village. This was the first year we were sponsoring students from other countries to come and work for us. Lagoon needed some supervisors to stay at the dorms as their representatives and I volunteered and moved up to the campus.
Damian and his brother Adrian signed up to come to the United States for the summer but were late turning in their papers. The only spots left were in Utah, so that is why they came here. His brother got a position in foods and he in rides. Damian was trained on the rides in the north end of the park.
It was not until the middle of June that we met. He was sitting in the commons area at the dorms and I was visiting one of the other supervisors in that building. We started to talk and ended up talking almost all night long. The next night was the same we talked and talked like we had known each other forever. We started hanging out on our days off and spare time. I took him and some of his friend to the Great Salt Lake and to to Pineview to go jet skiing. We went rock climbing with my brother and went dancing at the club. It was fun getting to know him and the other students from Poland.
At the end of August his contract with Lagoon was finished. He now had 2 months to travel before he had to go back to Poland and school. He and his friends decided to go to Chicago for the rest of their time in the U.S. We exchanged numbers and he left. I was so sad when he left, feeling that we would never see each other again. After 3 days he called, It was a very long bus ride, and we talked every night. He told me that while on the bus he kept thinking about me and he realized then that he had feeling for me. So what do we do now? I knew I loved him and he knew he loved me, but he was scheduled to go home in less then 2 months. Then one night while talking on the phone we decided to get married. I was so happy! He will be flying back to Utah on the first of October and we would be married on October 27, 2001.
We have been married just over 6 years and have a house in Clearfield. We have been blessed with two beautiful girls. Areya Mae born September 23, 2003 and Aniela born April 7, 2007. They are the joy of our lives.
1 comments:
That is a really cute story. I never knew how the two of you met. By the way, Deklan wants you to tell Areya that he says "hi" and "I want you to come pway wif me soon"
Post a Comment