Monday, October 18, 2010

Just a quick update on life

I know I haven't posted for awhile but man we have been busy. Let's see Aniela started preschool, my friend Sara came to visit, doctor's appointments for Taevin and my brother Matt moved in.

Aniela's first day of preschool

Ready for round 2
We are doing home preschool with some friends from church. There are 6 kids and we take turns teaching 2 days a week for 2 hours. I had the first week which went great. We decided to have one of the mom's help out and man am I glad, there's no way we could all 6 little monkeys alone. With potty breaks and each one finishing projects at different times. Lots of craziness but also lots of fun.


Sara and I at the Blackhawks game

They lost in the last 25 seconds of the game

My really good friend Sara came for a visit , it was so much fun to have her here. We met at Lagoon just over 10 years ago. She is one of those friends that you can just pick up where you left off the last time you saw/talked each other. While she was here we went to Navy Pier (kid free) and went for a ride on one of the ships. After that we had lunch and headed home so I could make it to cub scouts. The next day we went (again kid free) to the Willis Tower, (formally known as the Sears Tower) had some lunch and then to the Blackhawks game. They lost in the last 25 seconds of the game but it was still fun.

They next few days we just hung out at home, played with the kids and caught up. It was so nice having an adult conversation with a girl. Don't get me wrong I love talking to my hubby but he's not much of a talker so I was in heaven staying up late with Sara and just talking. On Friday she had to go home, sad, but was 5 minutes late getting there to check in and they told her that they had already sold her seat. So not cool but it gave us one more night together so I wasn't to upset about it. (I guess I might have been if I were Sara since she had to pay the $150 to change flights) Thank you so much Sara for coming to visit me! I had so much fun! I love and miss you!

Taevin & Areya
Taevin had an appointment with the GI doctor this month. His reflux is so much better, he still has his days but i'll take it. She was a little concerned because he only gained 10 oz in a month. At his appointment he was only 11 lbs 12 oz so she has us fortifying his breast milk with formula. She also want us to talk to the endocrinologist to make sure there is not some other issue.

We also saw the people at the 22q 11.2 (DiGeorge) clinic this past month. I thought that this would have been a really important appointment but it ended up being a waste of a drive to Chicago, our time and money. They did the routine check (height, weight, listen to the heart and lungs) checked to see if all his medications were the same as they had listed then told us that we are doing and seeing every one we should be. Asked if we had any question and then sent us on our way. So pointless!!!

We continue to have the developmental and speech therapists come twice a month. Taevin is a bit delayed on meeting his mile stones but that is to be expected with the DiGeorge and his late start. He can roll from his back to his side and his side to his tummy. He reaches out to grab things and can hold on to them. He still has to be fully supported to sit and gets tired very quickly. He has started pushing up a little on his arms while on his tummy but does not get them fully extended. We tried spoon feeding but he still isn't ready for it.

We were able to get his RSV shot approved and he will be getting it once a month for the next six months. Next month we see the Neonatologist and follow up with the Endocrinologist. That's all we could squeeze in before we leave to Utah. When we get back well have to see the pediatrician.

The girls with Uncle Matt
Areya with Matt's dog Champ
My older brother Matt and his dog Champ moved in with us this past week. He has been having a bit of a hard time and needed a new start. It has been so nice having him here. I am so glad to finally have some family close.

Damain's mother went back to Poland this week. She has been here since May helping us with the kids. The girls still go down there every day looking for them, they are really going to miss her. The other nice part about having her here is that the girls have both picked up some Polish, to bad I can't say the same for me.

Next month the kids and I are going to Utah for Thanksgiving. We will be there for 10 days. I am so looking forward to this trip.

0 comments: