As you all know Taevin was born with a Congenital Heart Defect called Truncus Arteriosus as well as 2 holes in his heart. He underwent open heart surgery at 13 days old to close the holes and correct the Truncus.
Each year there is a week dedicated to raise awareness about this and many other heart defect which kill more children the all childhood cancers combined each year. Trying to do our part to help spread awareness I made these ribbons to wear/pass out. Areya took some to school to pass out to her class and tell them all about her brothers "broken heart". She was so excited to share these with her friends and also to brag about her brother.

During that week I also got a little creative and made a Mended Heart and an Awareness Ribbon in her hair.
Taevin is our little Heart Hero and is a huge inspiration to me. Even after all he has been through in his short life he still has a smile on his face and a hug & kiss for everyone he meets. I know there will be many more surgeries in his future but I also know that he is a fighter and will come out stronger in the end. He is truly a blessing to all who know him!Please help us spread awareness about Congenital Heart Defects and what can be done to make a difference in the lives of all those who fight to survive.
0 comments:
Post a Comment