Friday, August 29, 2014

Almost there!

Here I am at 35 weeks.  My 24 hour heart monitoring came back with nothing major but I was still having palpitations so she order one for a month. It has shown a lot of abnormal beats called ventricular tachycardia and has started me on a medicine for that. I have been having issues with low blood pressure as well. Low like 80ies / 50ies and some time lower. No wonder i'm tired all the time. 

 I have had so many weird symptoms pop up during this pregnancy and no one can explain why or do much about them. I am having crazy joint pain, it is so bad that most night I can't get to sleep or if I do I wake up every few hours. The lack of sleep is really starting to get to me. I have also had numbness in my arms and legs and vertigo. The doctors thought maybe MS or a mini stroke so I had to see a neurologist and have a MRI. No MS or stroke which is great news but they can't explain the numbness either. 

I also started having some pain next to my breast, kind of under my arm pit. It is super tender and really bothering me. The doctor could feel a lump but couldn't explain why so I had to have a ultra sound at the breast cancer center to check things out. They weren't able to see anything and think that it might just be a swollen lymphoid. 





Since my heart defect is hereditary they wanted us to have the girls checked as well even though they have no signs or symptoms. So I scheduled them the same day as Taevin's follow up. Taevin looks great and has no signs of problems following his surgery. He is happy and seems to have lots of energy. He is sleeping less, well normal kid hours compared to his 15+ hours before.  He has more color to his face and doesn't get winded as easily. I am relieved that he is doing so well.

They girls were both checked and Aniela has a healthy defect free heart! Areya has a small ASD. The same type as me. It is not large at this time and not causing her any problems so they are not going to fix it. Just yearly monitoring for her. Like mine it may start getting bigger or causing issues once she starts puberty and/or having babies but for now she is fine.

Our little peanut was checked as well and so far things look good. ASD's alone (unless extremely large) are really hard to detect in-utero because it is a flap that allows the blood to free flow until after birth, where it closes. So we will be keeping a close eye on things and have HER heart checked again after she is born.

That's right, we are having another girl!!!! Better start looking for a name that starts and ends with A.

0 comments: