Friday, June 18, 2010

Going home!

Tuesday 15th
We finally get to go home!!!!!!!!!

We got the all clear to go home. Taevin got his eyes and hearing checked. Got his Hep B shot. Checked by all the doctors. (pediatrician, cardiologist, heart surgeon) Was seen by the OT, PT and speech people. Got his last dose of antibiotics. Ate, got his medication and got his IV out.

While all this was going on I went to the Ronald McDonald House to pack, clean and check out. Once I got back to the hospital all I had to do was fed him, sign a few papers and then we were out of there.

I didn't tell Damian or the girls that he was getting discharged so when we got home they were so surprised and very happy to see us!!! Taevin did great on the trip home even though the car decided to die on the freeway in the middle of rush hour and a 2 1/2 hour car ride.

Here he is happy to be home and in his own bed. Ok that's me but i'm sure he is happy to be home too.

2 comments:

slopfam said...

Wahoo! I am so glad he is home. I'll bet it is nice to have this past month behind you. You are a strong, strong, woman!

TJ and Shaylee Voss said...

I'm so glad he is home and is doing so well! I can't believe it's been a month already! I can't wait to meet him! we love you all!