Friday, June 11, 2010

A little bump in the road

Today when I got to the hospital I noticed that part of Taevin's incision was a little red. The doctor came in and thought the same so they are starting him on antibiotics. They are also doing blood tests to check for infection and a chest x-ray to check for fluid. If there is fluid then they will have to reopen the incision and drain it.


We also found out that one of the other babies has MERSA and that Taevin has been exposed. They have him along with several other babies in isolation and will be testing them for it.

We are keeping our fingers crossed that neither of these thing will keep us from going home next week.

4 comments:

Dalynne Denhof said...

oh no! Taevin has been strong and been through so much already, hopefully he doens't have it! keeping him in our prayers so that he can come home! that's part of the problem w/ MRSA...it's usually contracted in hospitals or crowded areas.

Ryan and Carli said...

Oh that is so crappy! I'm sorry Liz. We're still prayng for all of you. Hopefully you'll all be home together next week!

Kelley Rae said...

Oh, I hope he gets to come home. You've waited so long and he's done so well. Definitely will keep my fingers crossed!

mommy princess said...

We're still praying for you. I think of you guys almost every day. Just know you have friends out here that love you.