Thursday, January 3, 2013

Tennessee Aug 2012

This time around we made a trip the Wild Animal Park & Camel Safari where we got to hand feed zebras, elk, deer, emu, buffalo and many other animals while driving through the 105 acre park with our doors and windows open. The animals came right up to us.




After the car ride we were able to visit the petting zoo where we could touch hold and feed many other animals including llamas, goats, birds, a baby camel and a hedgehog.  


 I was super surprised but Taevin loved feeding the animals and wasn't scared at all. He even threw a fit when it was time to go.

 Samantha holding the hedgehog

 Lacy and I (hot mama's)


They also had camel rides and who doesn't want to ride a camel? The girls both rode and can now add it to their lists of cool experiences. I think the kids really enjoyed their visit to the animal park. Thank you Aunt Kimmy for taking us on such a fun outing.








During this trip we also went camping in the Smoky Mountains and did what every other family does in the middle of summer while camping......... had an Easter egg hunt. What do you mean other families don't do this in Aug? Oh well, the kids had a blast and it kept them busy for a while.







That first morning we got up way to early and took a 11 mile bike ride around the loop. I know 11 miles in the wee hours, what was I thinking!!! Man did that 11 miles kick my butt, it might have been a little easier if I did have a 2 year old strapped to the back of my bike and if there wasn't so many up hill spots. You will be proud to know that Areya and I finished the whole thing, that's a big deal for a 8 year old and a fat lady that hasn't really exercised since her 2 year old was born.

We ended up only staying one night because it rained and no one wanted to spend another night. Which I don't understand?  I stayed nice and cozy in our camper and didn't have any problems with the rain.

For the rest of the trip the men spent a lot of time fishing while the rest of us cooked and ran after all the little monkeys. (4 boys (5 & under) and 2 girls) It was a great trip and we are looking forward to our Alaska trip next year. (fingers crossed)

0 comments: