Thursday, April 30, 2009

Too much to handle

***Just so you know this post is pretty long and is mostly me complaining so if you want to stop reading now I understand.***

Do you ever feel like you have way to much stress and problems and it is too much to handle? I know we all do but it seems like everything always hits at once. The past few weeks have about pushed me over the edge. I guess I don't do this kind of stress well because I am loosing my mind.
It all started (well maybe not started but got to the extreme level) about 2 weeks ago when Damian was taken by ambulance to the hospital. He was having chest pain, a hard time breathing, almost passed out at work and his blood pressure was some thing like 190/120. After a quick trip to the ER they put in an IV and diagnosed him with having an anxiety attack. After a short time they put him in the hall so they could use his room and then released him with a RX for anxiety meds. (No real tests were performed) He was standing outside the hospital by the time I got there. Damian's chest was still hurting and he was feeling like crap so we went home and rested the rest of the day. The next morning he felt the same, so he stayed home from work and because all this took place on a weekend we were not able to get him into see a doctor until Monday. He found out that he has a heart arrhythmia with hypertension. Why this is going on we are still not sure but while the tests are being processed they have him on beta blockers. He is feeling much better and has gone back to work and has a follow up appointment with the doctor next week to see what they found out.

Next level of stress is that we have still not closed on this house. We have been approved for the loan and it has been processed. We are now waiting for the appraisal to come back before they can set a closing date. We have been waiting for several weeks for them to get this report in and we only have 6 more days until our cut off date. (The contract says that we must close by the 12th) If we go over that cut of date then they will charge us $150 per day we go over. You know those shows on TV where people buy their first home and every thing goes so fast and smoothly, well that defiantly is not the case with us, it has taken us over a year to find and buy this home.

And finally the tipping of the scale........
Sunday morning Ida took our dog Mekie for a walk, all the sudden I hear screaming and dogs fighting. I run to the window to see the neighbors dog (not on a leash) running back into their house after getting it's butt kicked by my Mekie. I guess what happened was that our neighbor, who is the manager of our complex, opened the door right as Ida and Mekie were walking by. Her little dog ran out and tried to attack Mekie but she was not having that and defended herself, picking up the little monster and shaking it a bit. Ida did her best to keep the little dog away and had Mekie by the collar holding her back. The neighbor tried to go after their dog but she just had surgery and could not get there in time. Ida and Mekie finished their walk and came home.
* I just want to add in a few side notes here.
Rules
1. In our complex the rule is that your dog must be on a leash at all times when outside.
2. You can not leave your dog tied up outside unattended at any time.
3. You must clean up (right away) after your dog.
Facts
1. The neighbor's dog has left nasty little gifts for us on our patio.
2. She leaves her dogs tied up outside unattended all the time.
3. Her dog was not on a leash when all of this took place.
4. She is the manager over the complex and she does not abide by any of them.
*Keeping those things in mind I continue my story.

Later the that day the girls and I are outside enjoying the sun and the neighbor makes a comment that her dog was attacked this morning. I already knowing this because it was my dog that was involved said "I know it was my dog that yours attacked". I guess she was pretty mad about this fact and went off on me saying that her dog was hurt pretty bad and that it was luck that it did not hit a vain or her dog would have been dead. I told her it was not my fault that her dog was not on a leash and it came after my dog. She told me that she knows that it's not our fault but that we need to keep better control of our dog and that who ever was walking her did not have enough control of her. At this point I was getting pretty mad so I told the girls it was time to go inside. On my way in I said again that it was not our fault that their dog was not on a leash and was not the one to blame, the husband then said "if I thought it was your fault I would have called to police already". They then asked me if she had her rabies shots and I informed them that she was current on all of them. A little while later Damian got a call at work asking him if we had proof of our dogs vaccinations and told him that he needed to bring them into the office. He informed me of this and I told him the whole story. We looked up our rental agreement and there is no where that states we have to show proof of this to them so I didn't think it was fair of them to ask for it. I decided not to take it in and to file a police report to cover ourselves. We made the report showed the police officer the vaccination records and thought that would be the end of it, Wrong!

Today we got a call from the corporate office saying that me must remove our dog for the premises and that after I showed proof of liability for my pet on or renters insurance I could bring her back but that she must be muzzled at all time. (What the heck? Her dog attacks mine and we get in trouble for it.) I lost it! (I went off on the lady and got so mad that she almost hung up on me, that is when Damian took over) I guess they compromised on letting Mekie stay but we still have to show them the proof of our insurance and I guess we are asked to keep a muzzle on her when she is outside. From what we understand the lady for the corporate office was told, by our neighbor (the Manager) that our dog attacked hers and that Mekie is dangerous. I am sick and tired of her breaking all the rules and us getting in trouble even though we haven't done anything wrong.

Sorry about how long this post is and to be such a whinny baby. I guess it would help if I got a little more sleep at night, that way I might not be so grumpy.

4 comments:

TJ and Shaylee Voss said...

Oh Liz! I am so sorry that you are having all this stress!! I wish that we were close by so we could help you through it more or just give you a big hug! But I hope that it all gets better soon! We love you!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about everything. That is scary with Damian. Keep us posted about how is doing.
WOW! I can't believe that about Mekie. I can testify that she is not an aggressive dog. I watched her get attacked by that killer dog that Heston had and all she did was defend herself. That sucks. Sorry!
Hang in there. I hope everything works out soon with the house too.

Love ya!!!

mommy princess said...

Vent away!!! Oh sweetie I'm so sorry. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. I really hope Damian gets everything figured out. People are so stupid. I'd be mad about the whole dog situation too! Think about it if you were a dog being walked on a leash and a little rat came up and attacked you what would you do.
I hope everything works out. If you can just get moved into your house you won't have to worry about that crazy lady anymore!!
Keep us updated,

Darci said...

I hope that things are going better for you. I miss your posts and hope you are doing okay. Know that we love you and miss you!!