This year for Christmas eve we were invited to meet up with a few other families in our ward who moved from other states and were not able to go home for the holidays. We enjoyed a really yummy dinner and then had gift exchange.
For the kids we did a book exchange and for the adults we did white elephant. Here is Aniela opening her book.

Areya with her best friend Maggie, who is moving back to Utah and which Areya will miss so so so so so much!
Next came the white elephant exchange. I have to say that I love doing white elephant gift exchanges they are so much fun. Here are a few pictures of the spoils. Keli got this lovely bird cage complete with 2 turtle doves and a bag of chocolate, which later she got taken from her and she ended up with condoms. Lucky girl.
Other fun and exciting gifts were a pregnancy test, (who went to a 14 yr old) a bottle of beer, a basket ball case to carry your MP3 player in, fake mustaches on sticks and a Spice Girls CD which I was luck enough to bring home.
We had a great time, Thanks Tina for inviting us and getting the whole thing set up. You're amazing!!!
I do have a bit of sad news to report about that night. I LOST my wedding ring some where. I am one of those strange few who, during pregnancy, loose weight and it slipped right off my finger. The bad part about the whole thing is that I have no clue where it fell off at. I put it on just before I left the house to go but the car battery was dead so I had to get out the battery charger/ jump starter and get the car going. (Damian had to work so I had to do this all on my own, maybe next time I will pay more attention when he does some thing so I will have a small clue of what to do) Next we made it to the church where it could have fallen off at anytime. I am thinking it might have happened when I was helping clean up and went into the trash. Then we headed home and I di
d some laundry, that is when I noticed it was mi
ssing. I searched the whole house several time but haven't had any luck finding it. I also called the bishop to see if everyone could keep an eye o
ut for it. I can't believe I lost it!
I almost forgot but the girls got to open their one Christmas eve gift which is always jammies. Here they are in their new jammies from Grandma Great. Thanks grandma Great they love them!!
1 comments:
That's terrible you lost your ring - I had no idea! Getting a Spice Girls CD totally makes up for it right?! ;)Hope it turns up somewhere!
Post a Comment