Friday, December 4, 2009

Sewing project

My mom got me a sewing machine a few years ago and I am attempting to sew. I'm not very good and need all the practice I can get so I made bean bags for the girls. I think they turned out pretty well. I still have a hard time sewing a straight line but I guess that comes with practice. Here are the girls trying out their new bean bags. They are having a great time with them and did a great job helping me fill them with beans.



Now to decide what project to attempt next. Any ideas?

2 comments:

Our Story said...

Skirts are really easy and since you have two cute girls you could make skirts all day long!

Dalynne Denhof said...

i just started learning how to sew myself...i was told to start with flannel pajama bottoms. they're pretty basic but teach you a few simple sewing techniques. i think they turned out pretty good (: sewing can be nerve racking to me, but it feels good to finish a project. well, good luck!