I had an appointment with the peds heart doctor on Tuesday so she could double check his heart and get a report sent to the heart surgeons. They measured him and man is he chunky! They said most babies at 30 week are about 3 lbs, my little guy is 3 lbs 10 oz! If he keeps growing like that I will end up delivering a 10 lb baby. I read some where that by 30 weeks the growth slows down but that does not seem to be the case with him. Maybe it has some thing to do with all the sugar I have been eating?
Any way, this pregnancy has been so different from my other two it throws me for a loop. Not only the heart defect and the DiGeorge but the pre term labor, bed rest, less morning sickness (which was nice) and the weight gain. I only gained 15 with both my girls, well I guess it would be 30 but I lost 15 in the first trimester so after getting that back it was 15. With this little man I have already gained 25 and I still have just over 2 months to go! I guess part of that is because of the bed rest and not being able to walk around much, but still.
At this point i'm feeling huge! I think part of it is how i'm carrying this time, low and out, compared to in my back with the girls. Here's full term with Aniela.
I guess this is a bad picture because she has already dropped and I look like I carried low.
I was that big with him at 24 weeks! If you want to see how big I am now see post 27 weeks.
2 comments:
Maybe it's a blessing that he's growing so quick in case he ends up coming early. :)
Hang in there! He'll be here soon! It was so good to see you a few weeks ago. Hope we can get together again soon.
Post a Comment