We are so excited to be able to start our own garden this year. Part of the reason we got this house it because of all the land (2 acres) which gives us plenty of room for a garden.
We started 5 trays of seeds. Veggies and herbs, the plan is to can some for the winter. I guess I better learn to can!


Can't wait until we get them in the ground and we are able to enjoy all the yummy food. Does anyone in Illinois know the best time to transfer them in the ground? With the weather here being a different from Utah I don't want to do it to early and then get a freeze.
Here are the ones that have already came up and were to big to keep in the boxes.
We all love watching them grow and are amazed how fast they grow in just a day.
2 comments:
Nice blog. Hardworks always pay. expecting the picture of blooms on your upcoming blog.
I wish we could have a garden here - it's so lush and moist compared to UT. Talk with Audrey Trudeau, she's great for gardens and canning. I wish I knew more about it, I'm not much help when it comes to gardening!
Post a Comment