Happy 7th Birthday Areya!!!
Where does the time go? I'm sure it was just a few years ago that I had her, not 7! Wow, it blows my mind to think that she has grown up so fast. Just this week she was telling me about a boy she likes. Hold on, she can't be old enough to start liking boys already, i'm not sure i'm ready for this stage. The boy she likes, that likes her too, is named Joey and it turns out that they have the same birthday. So while making his birthday card she asked me for a pictures of herself. I asked her what she wanted it for and she said it was so Joey could put it on his night stand next to his bed.( Funny right!) I was also informed that I had to leave her hair bows in because he liked them and wanted her to keep her hair like that for his party. (It cracks me up to listen to her) That night at Joey's party his mom told me that Joey has liked Areya since last year and that he told her "Areya makes my heart full of love."
Here is Areya with the help of Aniela opening her presents from mom & dad.
This is what she woke to birthday morning.
Thursday, which was Areya's birthday, I took the girls in for check ups and flu shots. Due to the high risk for Taevin the immunologist wanted us all to get flu shots and this was the only day I could get both girls in at the same time. What a great way to spend your birthday, right. Well, both girls are healthy and doing great.
Taevin also had a doctor's appointment this week. He saw the cardiologist. They did an EKG and listened to his heart. Every thing checked out great and we don't have to see him again for 3 months. The doctor did suggest that we look into getting Taevin the RSV shot. This shot is very expensive and he would need it every month until the end of RSV season. I hear they are around $1200 per shot. Not all insurance companies will cover it so we are looking into it.
Taevin is still having some issues with reflux but it is so much better then before. We did have to go back to smaller feedings more often (every 2 hours) to help with the reflux so we will have to keep a close eye on his weight. He did finally made it to 11 1/2 pounds (at 4 1/2 months) which is low but not low enough to cause alarm. I was talking to my brother and his baby at 1 month old is 9 lbs 10 oz. If he keeps growing like that he'll pass Taevin up.
2 comments:
Sounds like she had a great birthday! I wish we could have been there! I can't believe she is 7 already! That's crazy!
yeah, our little Beau is a piglet, so he might just pass Taevin up :) it will be fun to see how they compare in November.
Tj & Shaylee
Happy Birthday Areya!! MaKell will be so sad she missed it :( I love that she has a little boyfriend. . . seriously?! Already?! I'm not ready for that!
Post a Comment