*A word of WARNING to my readers........ This post was done on a computer that is in Polish. * Please forgive any spelling errors. Thank you!
We made it! After all that traveling I don't want to make that trip again any time soon. We left the Chciago Airport at 5:30 p.m. and arrived in Paris, France at 9:00 a.m +1 day. ( There is about an 8 hour time diferance between Europe and the U.S. depending on where you live.) In that very long flight we were feed 2 meals and had plenty to keep Areya entertained. Aniela on the other hand was much more work. I only got her to sleep for maybe 1 hour of the entire flight. They have this cool bassenette that hooks to the wall and allows the baby to sleep. It would have been really geat if only she would have slept.
In France we had to get off the airplane outside and board a bus which took us the the termanial. Once there we needed to find our gate which we found out was about a 10 - 15 minute walk. We were pretty tired by this time not having had any sleep. We carried both girls, 4 bags and Areya's booster seat all the way to the gate stopping only for a trip through the security check point. After we made it through the check point we had about 30 mintue wait before we were allowed to board the next plane.
Both girls were a sleep before the plane even moved. The flight was a quick hour and a half trip into Berlin, Germany. We arrived there at 11:00 a.m. ( about 3 a.m. Utah time) and waited about 15 minutes for our luggage. After picking up our bags we met Damian's brother Adrian and loaded up the car for our wonderful 2 hour drive to Szczecin, Poland.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
We're Here! ( In Poland that is )
Posted by LIZ at Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
yea! You made it! After that kind of travel it's a good thing you're going to stay for awhile (I can't imagine turing round and coming back within only a week or less!!!).
I'm glad you were able to make a post on a polish computer. =) Still anxiously awaiting photos of your trip.
So glad that you made it safe and sound. Enjoy the trip and take lots of pictures- especially of the golf courses! HAHA! Do you remember that? LOVE and HUGS to you !!
We're glad you made it! Be safe and have fun! Love ya!
I'm so glad you guys made it safe and sound! I'm looking forward to hearing about all of your adventures! Be safe!
So glad you survived the long trip! What troopers you all are!!!
I can't wait to hear all about your trip. I'm so sorry we've been such bad pen pals. Maybe I'll get something in the mail this week.
My kids keep begging me it's just been really busy around here.
SO glad you make it safe. I can't wait to see pictures. I'm so excited you get to spend time over there. Have so much fun!!! Can't wait to hear more.
You will have to tell us what it is like over there. Do your girls speak Polish? That would be so awesome to know another language!
Post a Comment