Thursday, February 26, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home or at least it will be. That's right we finally found a house and our offer was accepted. The seller (a bank) had given us until April 10th to close and are now waiting for the loan to be processed. Next we will need to get a home inspection and if every thing looks good we can buy it. We are getting pretty excited, we have been looking for so long that we thought that day would never come, and can't wait to move in.

The only down side of it all is that we will be moving about 22 miles from here. We really like this area and have made some wonderful friends at school and church which we are sad to be leaving. I know I make it sound like we are moving to another state or something but it kind of feels that way. It will be hard to start all over again.

Our 5400 sq. ft. home sits on 2 acres, it has 6 bedrooms 4 baths. This house has a full in-law apartment in the basement which will be for Damian's sister and parents to live in while they are here. It also has a 4 1/2 car garage with a workshop area for Damian and his father. The house does need some work and we are still waiting to see what the home inspector finds. We also will need to paint, put in new flooring and maybe a new roof. Let's hope that is all it will need.

We can't wait to get it all fixed up and move in. We are looking forward to having friends and family over. I know for some of you that would mean a long trip, but we would love for you all to come for a visit.

Damian won't let me post a link to the listing because he is worried that the crazies will find us, so if you want more information let me know and I will e-mail it to you.

8 comments:

Our Story said...

I am so happy for you guys! That is so exciting!

Lindsay said...

Congratulations! It sounds like an amazing house!

Sheri said...

Wow Liz! Your house looks and sounds absolutely beautiful! I wish you a speedy and uneventful closing. I'm so excited for you. Congrats!!

Monica Polad said...

Your house looks gorgeous! We would love to come out and see it sometime. That will be so nice to have such a nice place that all of your family can stay there!

Darci said...

Yaaay! So happy for you! It looks like a wonderful house.

Love the new background and pictures of your cuties.

Anonymous said...

YAY for you guys!
I hope everything goes well.
You should email me the link. I would love to see the details of it.
I love Areya's preschool picture too. Way cute!!
Can you believe our kids are starting kindergarten this next school year???
I know it's way over used, but I have to say it's true, they grow up too fast!!!

TJ and Shaylee Voss said...

We are so excited for you! We just wish you would be moved in before we come, but you will just have to take us to see it!

Jessica said...

Liz,
I am so excited for you guys. The house looks beautiful. That will be so nice to have all that land. I would like to see the link to the house.