Areya had a field trip to the River Trails Nature Center where they learned how to make Maple syrup. They took us out into the Maple woods and told us how the trees get the sap that is needed to make the syrup. Then they drilled a hole and put in the spout. They let the kids taste the sap right from the tree. After that we headed over to the "sugar shack" where they cook the sap and turn it into syrup. We did not see that part of the process but they told us how it works, It was really neat to see and learn about.

They also have a few animals and other thing for the kids to do and see while they are there. They had a great activity room where the kids have lots of hands on stuff to do. I think we will have to make another trip there soon to see what else they have.
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Maple days
Posted by LIZ at Sunday, March 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That sounds like a really fun field trip. Glad that you are taking advantage of the warm weather. We have snow here today. Oh, I hate snow! The girls are so pretty and looking grown up.
That seriously sounds interesting. I would love to go on that field trip.
That looks so interesting. I bet your kids love all the cool things you do with them. That is awesome. That moon sand is crazy. How fun.
Ah that is so cool that she could go do that
My kids would love that place. You're always doing the funnest things with your girls! Congrats on the house. It sounds amazing. Good luck with the move. I'm sure you'll do just find meeting new friends. Everyone always loves you.
Post a Comment