Friday, June 20, 2008

Areya's first hair cut

Areya has never had her hair cut, but on Thursday she decided that she wanted one. She found the scissors and went to work. She only cut a little but the part she cut was really short.







She tried to hide it from me by throwing the cut hair in to the garbage can, but when I went into the bathroom I notices the scissors on the sink and little bits of hair on the floor. When I asked her if she cut her hair she told me no, but under further inspection I noticed the spot. As you can see in the picture below, it was not that bad and I probably could have just blended it in with her hair, but I wanted her to learn some thing from this.




If you look by her chin you will see how short she cut it.



I was going to take her in to a Solon and get it fixed but I have no clue where any are, so I called my neighbor that is in my ward and she said to bring her over and she would see what she could do. She has 9 kids and cuts all their hair so she has a little bit of experience with it.





Here she is getting her first real hair cut. You can see by the hair in Lori's hand how long her hair was before, and about how short it is now.



Why did we cut it so short you ask? Well I wanted Areya to learn that if you cut your own hair then it will need to be fixed and you might not like the way it turns out. Good thing for us she looks really cute with it short and it will be much easier to take care of.














5 comments:

mommy princess said...

Guess what? Our kids must have the same little devil on their shoulders because Todd cut his hair yesterday too!! He cut it in 3 spots. Luckily his hair is curly so if I put gel in it the curls cover where he cut. His curls are so cute I couldn't bare to buzz them off. Besides the fact that we have that family reunion and everyone loves his hair.
My boys were so excited to get the letter in the mail!! We just got it yesterday. They wanted to write back right that second. Unfortunatly I didn't have the time. So that's what we're going to do after church today. The boys loved the pictures and were hauling them around everwhere. Sophie is going to be 11 mo. On the 9th of July. So far all my kids have walked about the same time. Somewhere between 9 and 11 months. Sometimes I don't know if this is such a good thing though especially when I'm chasing them down the halls at church!!! lol

Anonymous said...

She looks cute! When doesn't she though, Really????
I am excited to see you guys!!! Text me and let me know what time you'll be here in Utah!!!!

Sue said...

Oh Liz I love her hair short! It's cute both ways actually, which means she's lucky! As for your hair, I know cutting it all off can be really scary, but as my husband pointed out... it will always grow back! You should do it too :)

Darci said...

She's adorable! Hope to see you guys soon! :D

TJ and Shaylee Voss said...

I can't believe she cut it, but it's way cute!