Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Trip to Utah

On Monday we got up at 4:30 a.m., drove to the airport, got on a train which took us to the terminal, and then flew to Utah. This was the girls first time on both the train and airplane and they both loved it.
Here we are waiting to board the plane.
Areya got the window seat and Aniela thought that she should get a turn looking out so she was sitting on Areya's lap for part of the fight.

Here she is reading the safety instructions just before we took off.


As we were coming into Utah they were look out the window to see if they could see Tj & Shaylee who were picking us up at the airport. Areya said at one point that she could see them, but Aniela didn't agree.


Because I flew alone with both the girls, I had Aniela in a front pack and had all her stuff from her diaper bag in a backpack, I also had to carry Areya's booster seat because they only let you check one bag now. Good thing for me the Salt Lake Airport is not very big.

We are so happy to be here and to get to see everyone. That evening we had a BB-Q at my parent's house with all my brothers and their families, Ida and Grandma Great who is in from Tennessee. We all had a great time and it was nice to see everyone again. It should be a great week.

4 comments:

The Keegan's said...

Glad to hear you made it safely. You are a brave woman travelling with two little girls all by yourself. I am amazed at how much stuff someone little can have to take with them. We are travelling to Boston in July and I am glad Jim will get to split parenting duties. It is much easiter now that Elizabeth is getting bigger. I hope you have a great trip.

Lindsay said...

I can't believe how big Aniela is getting! How old is she now? I'm glad the trip to Utah went well. I agree with the first comment, you ARE brave!

Anonymous said...

MAN are you the WOMAN! Flying alone with two kids. I become cold and clammy thinking of doing that alone with Willa.

Melainie Garcia

TJ and Shaylee Voss said...

I was so glad you came! It was so much fun!