Friday, January 18, 2008

We sold our house!

We found out today that they accepted our last counter offer. So our house sold in just over a month, which is great and we got our full asking price which is even better. According to the papers they want to close on Feb 28th so we will have to be out by then.

Talking to Damian it looks like we are for sure going to be moving to Illinois. He is talking to one of his friends over there and getting the name of an agent so we can go look at houses in the next few weeks. We might end up living with him for a while until we find and buy a house.

So now I guess it is time to start packing. You may think that I am starting a bit early but I have 6 years worth of stuff to go through. I have to decide what to take and what to get rid of. I know that we will not be taking a lot of stuff so I will let you know when and what we are selling or giving away. Everyone loves free stuff!

We are also planning a going away party at our house. We have not worked out the details yet but everyone is invited. I really hope to see you all before we move. I think that we will be able to come back and visit at least 2 to 3 times a year. You are all invited to come stay with us, in Illinois, anytime. We should have more then enough room and I know I will need all the love and support I can get. I'm going to be very very home sick!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!
Good for you guys! I am happy for you, but super sad that you are going to be moving so soon! :(
Let me know if you need any help, or someone to watch the kids while you pack, or what ever!
After you move, you had better visit us when you come back into town!
We are going to miss you guys!!!!

spaceyhawks said...

I had so much fun today chatting with you. I told Josh that I am just sad that you are moving, I could totally see us hanging out all the time. Let me know when you want to do your hair, I'm very much looking forward to doing it!!!