We went to visit Damian's cousins in Pyrzyce the village where Ida was born and they live for several years. There is an old wall around the village that was build in the 11th century. Next we walked to a park where an old WWII tank was left. Damian remembers crawling up inside it with his cousins when he was a kid. We also stopped at a old catholic church which had amazing architecture and beautiful stain glass windows.
Here we all are standing in front of the tank. From right to left: Veronica, Michal and their dog. (Damian's cousin and his wife) Damian, Areya, Eva and Aniela (Damian's cousin) Adrian (Damian's brother) and Kuba (Eva's fiance).
Just outside the Cemetery there are several shops where you can buy flowers, candles and other tings to decorate the graves. Many of the older people in the village make a daily trip to the cemetery to visit the graveside of their loved ones. I thought this was very neat and a great way to remember the ones who have gone before us.
This picture shows the section of the cemetery where the children are buried. Damian told me that they pay for the plot for a certain amount of time (like 50 years) and then after the time is up if no one continues to pay on that plot they dig up what ever is left (the casket) and the plot is used for someone else.
During our visit Areya and the their dog had a little, well lets say disagreement. Areya wanted to pet him and he didn't really want her to so he let her know by biting her on the cheek. The bite was not very big but was kind of deep. She did not get any stitches but probably should have. She now has a little scar that looks like a dimple when she smiles.
4 comments:
Some of those sites sounded amazing. Sounds like a crazy, yet fun and interesting trip. Your poor little girl with the dog bite! Ouch! Glad you're home safe.
Sounds like you had fun for the most part! That's too bad about Areya! I think I would have been scared to drive over there too! I'm glad you made it home safe! We love you!
So glad that you made it home safe and sound!! What a trip you had, I bet you are glad to be home :D Love ya!!
I'm so glad that you guys were able to go and see Damian's home! I'm glad you were able to make it back from dinner safe and sound. I get nervous driving at night in unfamiliar towns, much less another country! Thanks for posting pictures!
Post a Comment