Here is a few pictures of me in all my preggo glory. 39 weeks pregnant and huge!!! As you can see from the picture even my maternity clothes didn't fit any more.


Since my due date was on the weekend and since I didn't want to go over we decided to have them induce me on Thursday (They don't induce on weekends) Once I got there and got settled in they put me on the monitors and broke my water. It was amazing how much extra amniotic fluid I really did have! It was crazy to see my belly shrink by at least 2 sizes and the doctor comment to the nurse that I was creating a tsunami. After a while I decided to get up and walk to help things along but the monitors couldn't pick up the signal so I had to head back to bed. (not my favorite way to labor) After a hour or so and not much progress they decided to start the pitocin. Then the contractions started getting stronger and we had them do a quick check to see where I was (7 1/2 cm) At that point I was about ready for the drugs but decided to do a little more walking hoping that would help. I had to stay close so the monitors could pick up the signal, by about the 4th lap I was in to much pain and headed back to my room. I told the nurse I was ready for the drugs. By the time she made it back in the room (maybe 5 minutes) I was ready to push, the doctor got there just in time to catch.
Taevin Aleksander Deja was born May 13, 2010 @ 6:28 pm. He was 6 lbs 9 oz and 20 1/2 inches long. They handed him off to the NICU team who checked him out let me see him and then rushed him upstairs. He was doing well, breathing on his own and had good stats. His cry was very soft and hoarse ( he squeaked, it was so cute! ) so he would need to be seen by the ear, nose and throat doctor.
Once they got him to the NICU they hooked him up to the monitors and put a NG tube (feeding tube) in. He looked great and was doing well. They decided that since he was doing so well they could wait to transfer him to Children's.

After a while I was able to go up and hold him. He was so small and perfect! By looking at him you would never know anything was wrong.
On Friday afternoon they moved him to Children's Memorial Hospital. I was discharged shortly after and we went straight to the hospital to see him. After holding him a little more and talking to the doctors and nurses we finally headed home. What a long couple of days!!!
2 comments:
Liz, i'm so glad delivery went well, what a trooper you are!! way to be strong.
He is absolutely beautiful! You are in my thoughts!
Post a Comment