I had my weekly appointment and Taevin is around 7 lbs 3 oz this week. I really hope he doesn't get much bigger then that. With all the extra amniotic fluid he has a swimming pool to move around in and has turned from head down to breech and then to Transverse (horizontal across my belly) I am just over 3 cm dilated. Woo hoo!!
So where do this leave us? Well as of right now I am scheduled to be induced on May 13th (if he doesn't come before then) If he doesn't make it back to head down then they will take him by c-section. We also run a slightly higher risk of complications due to his position and because the hospital is so far away. There is also the possibility that when/if my water breaks I could deliver the umbilical cord first, if that happens I would need to go to the closest hospital.
Boy this kid is a stinker! Always giving us something new to worry about. We are praying he turns and and that he decides to wait until at least Friday the 7th for Damian's parents to arrive.
After talking about it we decided to have his surgery done at Children's Memorial of Chicago. We both feel more confident with the surgeon and his experience with this specific heart defect. So the plan is that I will deliver at Evanston hospital and then within a hour or so of birth Taevin will be transfered there. As long as there isn't any problems he will have his open heart surgery on the 21st. They estimate that he will need to be in the hospital for about a month.
Pretty much any day now. I was thinking that it would be kind of neat if he came on Sunday. Wouldn't that be a great Mother's Day present? We are so excited to meet our little man and continue to pray that every thing turns out well.
8 comments:
I'm so excited for you getting so close to having him! I'm sorry that it is so stressful.. I hope he turns for you! If you do have to have a C-section, I know that it stinks but I really am so grateful that I had mine and the recovery really isn't that bad. I'm sure you'll do great! :) Good luck! Keep us updated!
With all that is going on with your pregnancy, little Taevin will be such a blessing!
You guys will be in my prayers. Maybe he's just trying to get all the drama out now and will be the most easy going kid ever. By the way I love your soundtrack. Yay Bob Marley!
I have been thinking about you a ton, thanks for keeping us posted. I will continue to pray for you and little Taevin and I hope he turns! Sara was transverse until 39 weeks, so hopefully he will cooperate :o)
Man, this kid's giving you a run for your money. Like someone else said, maybe all the drama will be for this short time, and then you'll have nothing but smooth sailing. I'm at that stage where I sometimes wish he were still inside me on auto-feed and auto-sleep. I know it will be hard for you to be apart from him--it was hard to have Brendan in the NICU just one extra day. Do they have a place there where you can sleep and shower? Hang in there! Best wishes!
I'm tellin ya...it's all because he's a boy. You think he's a stinker in there, just wait til he comes out lol. I love my little boy but if you ask him "Gaige, are you naughty?" he shakes his head yes lol. He's cute and he knows it too. SO excited for you and we'll be praying for you too when everything happens
~Andra
I just want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers everyday. He'll be wonderful and so worth it. And he'll have the best Mommy ever!
We are so excited for him to get here! We just pray that everything goes well! But I'm sure it will :) we love you both so much and can't wait to see you in July!
Post a Comment