We wanted to go to the Zoo one last time before we left Utah so here we are at the Zoo the Monday before we left. Areya and Aniela had tons of fun seeing the animals and I enjoyed spending the day with most of my family. Sam had to work so he and his family could not make it.
We were sad to see that the Tiger (my brothers Matt & Tj's favorite) was not active. Last time we came he was up walking around, which was fun to see.
The Leopard seemed to be enjoying the warm and beautiful day.
The baby Giraffe was adorable. It's amazing that they can walk just a few minutes after birth.This was so sweet, when the keeper let the male back in with his wife , he reached over and gave her a big kiss.
They had just hung a net of leaves and hay, it was fun to watch them reach up and get the food with their trunks.
I guess it was nap time for the Rhino's.
This tortes was huge! Leave it to a boy to think it would be funny to let my baby ride it. Yep, you heard me right. Tj tried to put Aniela on its back.
She did not like that idea at all. She screamed her little head off. I don't know who was more traumatized, Aniela or the tortes.
Next was Areya's turn. She was not to happy about it either.
I love the gorillas. Primates are my all time favorite. I could stay there all day just watching them.
We all took turns (except my dad) seeing how we measured up to a gorilla. Aniela went first. (Look at her stand all by her self)
Next was Areya. She thinks she is taller then she really is. She still has a bit to go.
Here's Uncle Matt. He's got the height but not the reach.Amy (Matt's girlfriend) is a bit small. If her arms were longer she might be the same size as a female gorilla. Oh, and she would have to gain a few hundred pounds.
Here's Uncle Fathead (many of you may also know him as Tj) I think his head might be about the same size.
Shaylee was really close to being the right height, but her arms still need to grow a bit.Next was mom she is about the same as Shaylee.
And last was me. I got the height and half of the weight but my arms need a little stretching to measure up to this gorilla.
By this time we were all ready for a break and a snack. I think Aniela loved that idea the most. We all know how much that girl loves to eat.Areya and her all time favorite snack. POPCORN!
Grandma and Papa enjoying the break.
Do you think they will ever grow out of that sickeningly cute, just married stage?
Matt and Amy just enjoying their time together.
I think we all had a really great time. It was fun spending time with our family and seeing the animals. I sure do miss all the big cats and bears they use to have. Let's hope the Chicago Zoo will be good.
After all that fun of seeing the "pua pua's" (she called every animal and puppy) she just could not hold out any longer. I know by the time we got home we were all feeling this way.
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Our trip to the Zoo
Posted by LIZ at Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That was such a fun day! I'm glad so much of the family could go! And I just have to say that all though it freaked her out, it was so funny to watch TJ put Aniela on that tortes!
And it's not sickening, its adorable! :) (our pda)
Post a Comment