Christmas morning Areya did not wake up until around 9:30. She was headed downstairs to check things out when I stopped her and told her she needed to wait until her sister woke up. (oh man!!!) While we were waiting for Aniela to wake up I read the story of Christ's birth from the bible (which was a tradition I had growing up) and explained to her that the reason we celebrate Christmas. Aniela was still sleeping so Damian jumped in the shower and got ready for work. Areya was going crazy by this time, she wanted to see what Santa left. Finally after Damian was ready I woke Aniela up and we all went down to open presents.

Santa (Uncle Matt) left Areya a Hannah Montana guitar and Santa also left a princess tea set. For Aniela Santa (Uncle Matt) left a baby doll and stroller and Santa also left another baby doll. (In all Aniela received 3 baby dolls) Thanks Santa (Uncle Matt) for stopping by our house. We hope you liked the milk and cookies.
Next was the huge mound of gifts from my family. After every thing was open you could not see the floor or very small children. (good thing Aniela knows how to walk or she would have been lost in that mess)
Damian had to hurry off to work so for the rest of the day I hung out with the girls watching them play with all their new toys. This Christmas was hard for me because it was the first one away from my family. I really missed them and wished I could have been there. I love you all and am so thankful and bless to have you as my family. Thank you to everyone who sent the girls gifts, they really do love all of them.As for Damian and I we both got what we wanted too. Thank you for the gift cards, now it is time to spend them on a nice date night with out kids. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and will be blessed with health and happiness for the New Year!
2 comments:
Sounds like the kids made out well. I think they usually do. Matt sounds like he's an awesome uncle. That would be tough being away from family. Have you made friends there yet? It kinda sucks that we never got the kids together for a play date while you were still living here. Maybe we'll have to take a trip there to visit, though I don't know that it would be anytime soon. The internet is a great thing though, isn't it?
I understand how hard it is to be without your family on Christmas. The girls are so grown up. I love the one on Aniela and the stroller. Liz, I hope you are happy and that you guys are doing great. I think about you often and I just love you and your family.
Post a Comment