Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Our first snow

We got our first snow of the season. It started Sunday and continued (off & on) through Monday. In this area we got just over 3 inches. The girls are so excited and can't wait to go play in it. The hard part will be them talking me into it. They both stood at the door watching them plow and shovel the roads and sidewalks. Aniela kept saying SNOW! and then would giggle. It was so cute! It has been really really cold and I don't even want to leave my house let alone play in the snow. I bet they'll talk me into it by the end of the month. I just wanted to post a few pictures of our tree. We got a new one this year and I love it! It's pre-lit which makes it even more fun to decorate and is white.

Areya and I set it up on Thanksgiving while Aniela was napping. It was really nice to be able to spend some time with just her. She loves to help me and we had a great time.
Aniela was so excited to see the tree all lit up after her nap. She loves all the lights and wants to play with the "balls", she also wants to hold the baby ornament. (Every year I take a picture of the girls and put their pictures on an ornament, it was a tradition my Aunt Rea started when we were small and I loved it so much I do it with my kids.)
All we need now is a visit from Santa.

3 comments:

JB said...

I TAG YOU! Go to my blog and copy my tag. Post the tag in your blog and fill out the answers. You need to tag 5 other people. Good Luck! Jo

Kallee said...

Your tree looks so snowy. I don't see the white flocked trees much any more. I think it is great you are doing the picture ornaments, my mom still does it for us. Aren't traditions wonderful.

ivy said...

All of our snow has melted. =( Jealous I am!