I have to say that I was not looking forward to Thanksgiving this year. This is the first year that I spent Thanksgiving away from my family. Damian had to work until 8:30 p.m. which really sucked, but I guess I should just be Thankful that he has a job.
I cooked my first Turkey and it turned out great. I also made all the other good stuff to go along with it. I was cooking all day, I cooked everything on Wednesday because we were going to have a Thanksgiving breakfast before left for work, but we ate Wednesday night instead because most of the food was still warm.
I even made a Cherry Pie which turned out pretty good.
On Thanksgiving day we put up our Christmas tree and went over to the Peterson's house. (a family from our church) They are so wonderful and I am so thankful for them. They have blessed our lives so much and have made the adjustment of living here easier.
I am also Thankful for my Husband who works hard to provide for our family which allows me to stay home and care for our kids. I am Thankful for my little monsters and for the joy they bring to my life. I love being a mommy and enjoy the time I get to spend with them. I am Thankful for my family and friends. I am Thankful for all the love and support they are to us. We have been blessed many times over and I am so Thankful for those blessings. I am also very Thankful to have the love and light of Christ in my life.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Happy Thanksgiving
Posted by LIZ at Tuesday, December 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Look at you go Martha Stewart!
Congratulations on a job well done! (If that doesn't sound like a greeting card, I don't know what would.) Seriously though, that is one fantastic pie.
It looks like a yummy dinner! I'm glad it turned out good! But we really missed you being here! We love you!
Post a Comment